Air fryers are amazing home appliances that allow you to cook tasty food without using tons of oil. If you like deep-fried food and still want to cut down your calories, then you should get yourself one. Learning how to clean air fryers will keep yours functioning for a very long time.
Proper Maintenance is crucial when you have a home appliance like the air fryer. In this article, you’ll learn about how to clean yours and how to wash the different parts, so the air fryer is always ready for use. Cleaning your air fryer guarantees that it will last for long and will always be ready for your next cooking session. After you’re done cooking, it’s time to clean your air fryer.
Best Way to Clean your Air Fryer
- Unplug the air fryer. You should never try to clean it while it’s still connected to a power source.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the outside of the air fryer. Although there shouldn’t be any oil splattering, some drops of oil, fat, or grease can accidentally get in contact with the outside surface of the appliance. When these drops are neglected, they stick and change colour, making your air fryer look less appealing.
- Remove the basket, pan, and tray from your air fryer. All the removable components are dishwasher-safe, and you can also use water and dish soap to clean them. Unlike traditional frying, you won’t have to use a large amount of detergent to break the oil particles because you’ll only use a tiny amount of fat for cooking your food in the air fryer.
- Do this after each use. It will prevent food particles and grease from sticking because they become harder to clean later on.
- If you have some sticky food particles or oil on the pan, basket, or tray, you can soak them in soapy water for an hour. This will facilitate cleaning.
- Soak a sponge or a washcloth in warm soapy water to wipe the inside of the air fryer.
- Use a gentle cleaning brush to scrub the sticky food. Dry the tray, pans, and baskets using a dry cloth.
- Make sure that all the accessories of the air fryer are completely dry before putting them back.
Why Keep Your Air Fryer Clean?
One of the benefits of owning an air fryer is that it’s straightforward to clean. You don’t have to submerge the air fryer in water or use an excessive amount of soap to get it ready. As a matter of fact, using an air fryer saves you a lot of cleaning time because you don’t use a big amount of oil while you’re cooking.
When you’re deep-frying food, a significant amount of oil is used. This oil has to be disposed of, and you’ll need to use dish soap and hot water to break the fat and clean your frying pan. This is not the case when you have an air fryer.
Deep-frying can be quite messy. You’ll end up with lots of greasy utensils, in addition to your frying pan, and some oil splashes on the top of your stove. Cleaning after deep-frying can be quite challenging, especially that you have to wait until the oil cools off as it becomes more difficult to remove.
The air fryer uses hot air to cook your food. The hot air is pushed around using a fan that increases the speed of the air inside the cooking chamber.
Your food will be coated with a thin coat of oil, and the hot air cooks it too, to give your food the crunchy look and taste. This minimal amount of oil facilitates cleaning and also cuts down the calorie count in your air-fried food, allowing you to cook healthy food that still tastes delicious.
Food is kept inside the enclosed basket, and all the dripping fat is collected in a single pan. There will be no oil splattering or grease piling up on the corners of your air fryer.
Proper Air Fryer Maintenance
Air fryers are good value for money because they will allow you to cook hundreds of batches of food that all taste delicious. Adequate maintenance guarantees that your air fryer will last for long. Here are some maintenance tips that you should follow.
- Never use sharp utensils to remove the stuck food or grease particles from your air fryer or any of its accessories. Air fryers are covered with a non-stick coating that facilitates cooking without using a large amount of fat. Using sharp utensils will damage this coating and cause your food particles to stick.
- If you’re preparing consecutive batches of different kinds of food, you don’t have to stop and clean the air fryer before each use. You can wait until your cooking is done, and clean it only once at the end of the day.
- If your food leaves a lingering smell and soaking the parts in soapy water doesn’t work, you can use lemon juice to clean the air fryer. Cut a lemon in half and wipe the inside of the air fryer or use lemon juice to clean the various accessories. Let the juice sit for thirty minutes then clean the air fryer one more time.
- Make sure that you don’t overload the pan with food. If you have difficulty sliding the pan into place, remove some of the food and cook it in two batches instead.
- Wait for 30 minutes or until your air fryer has completely cooled off before storing it away. Unlike deep-frying, the air fryer doesn’t increase the temperature in your kitchen as the hot air is kept inside an enclosed chamber. However, the appliance itself will be hot and shouldn’t be stored away until the temperature has decreased.
- Use a clean dry cloth to wipe the cords before storing your appliance. Check the cords for damage every time before plugging your air fryer into a power source.
- Before you use your air fryer, make sure that it’s clean from the inside and outside, especially if you haven’t used it in a while. Dust and other debris can accumulate inside your air fryer, and later on, come in contact with your food. Use a wet cloth to wipe the air fryer clean and let it dry before cooking anything.
- Keep the air fryer upright and on a level surface before you start cooking. Make sure that the cord is not bent or tangled.
- Pick the right spot to place your air fryer. Air fryers need to have space around and above them to vent out the hot air. If you keep the air fryer in a closed space, it will overheat.
- Take a look at all the air fryer’s accessories. If there are any damaged parts, contact the manufacturer and have them replaced. Don’t try to use any accessories that don’t belong to the air fryer.
An air fryer is an excellent investment because it allows you to cook food with a small amount of oil. Proper cleaning and maintenance guarantee that your air fryer will last for long and that your food will always taste delicious.
Cleaning your air fryer isn’t difficult and doesn’t take a lot of time. Make sure that you clean it after every use to prevent the food particles and grease from sticking.