Have you ever fancied baking something rich, sweet and chocolate-based, but when it comes down to it, you actually can’t be bothered with the effort? Why not have a go making our 1 Minute Microwave Brownie Mug Cake recipe.
Not only is there a lot of preparation that goes into preparing the batter mixes, but you then have to wait for it to bake. There is also a pile of washing up to contend with before you can sit down and enjoy it. Using your microwave can miraculously cut this time down by a large quantity, ensuring you get your sweet tooth fix ASAP.
This is why mug cakes are so popular. You combine all of the ingredients gradually in large mug and microwave for about a minute. And you only have the mug to clean when you’re done.
How to Make a Mug Cake in the Microwave
For this decadent chocolate brownie mug cake, you will need:
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 dash fine salt
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Add the melted butter, salt, sugar, milk and vanilla extract to a large microwaveable mug and whisk well.
- Add cocoa powder and mix. Add the flour to the batter in stages, stirring well to eliminate lumps.
- Combine the chocolate chips and mix through, ensuring they’re evenly spread.
- Place in microwave (on a plate in case it spills over) and heat for 60 seconds, based on a 1000W microwave. Keep an eye on the mug in case it starts to spill over; if it does, pause the microwave for a few seconds to allow the mixture to settle again.
- The centre should be slightly molten and cake spongy and barely firm to touch on the top. Be careful not to overcook, but place in the microwave for a further 10 seconds on full power if it is still a bit too soft.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then tuck in with a spoon. Add ice cream or chocolate sauce on top for an extra treat.